Women know it – and men, too, of course: wrinkles on the face can be quite disturbing and “diminish” an otherwise flawless and fresh look. All the more striking are the youthful, radiant faces that you often see on TV, in tabloids, in beauty campaigns and on social media – even though these people are usually no younger than you are. The recipe for looking youthful and fresh despite being over 30 is often: Botox!
Botox (also: botulinum or botulinum toxin) is one of the most frequently used active ingredients for wrinkle treatment in aesthetic medicine. It is injected by syringe into certain areas of the face. There it unfolds its effect: the wrinkles are smoothed out. This can be done very easily by Dr. Tatjana Pavicic in her private practice for dermatology and aesthetics in Munich.
Botox Munich: background knowledge
The active ingredient has not just been around for a few years: The term “botulinum toxin” first appeared around 1820, when country doctor Justinus Kerner made a connection between deaths caused by paralysis of the muscles and the consumption of spoiled food. In this context, he spoke of a “sausage poison” (botulinus; Latin “sausage” and toxic; Greek “poison”).
In its natural form, botulinum toxin is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Don’t worry: the Botox used for wrinkle treatment is biotechnologically obtained, meticulously purified and used only in small quantities (type A). It cannot be compared with the “sausage poison” mentioned above.
Botox was officially approved for various medical purposes as early as the 1970s. Since 1990, Botox has additionally been known to rejuvenate faces.
Botox Munich: how the anti-wrinkle injection works
Botox is utilized to smooth out wrinkles that are formed as a result of heavy use of certain parts. These expression lines are formed when the same muscles are always tensed or moved under the skin because in this way the skin is regularly strained in these areas.
Botox is injected into certain facial muscles. The active ingredient reaches the nerve endings of the muscles via the blood and prevents the transmission of the nerve impulse there. In this way, the movement of the muscle is inhibited or even completely stopped.
The treated muscles relax. This has the positive effect of smoothing out mimic wrinkles. The result of treatment with Botox is visible in a few days and lasts for about four to nine months.
Botox Munich: these wrinkles can be treated
In her practice, Dr. Tatjana Pavicic can treat the following wrinkles with Botox, for example:
- forehead wrinkles / transverse wrinkles on the forehead
- frown lines/wrinkles between the eyebrows
- crow’s feet/wrinkles on the side of the eyes
- Bunny lines/wrinkles on the nose
Botox Munich: help for hyperhidrosis
People who are affected by very heavy underarm perspiration and sweat excessively can also benefit from Botox. By injecting botulinum evenly into the armpits, palms or soles of the feet, hyperhidrosis can be treated effectively and completely without surgery.
Botox Munich: advantages of treatment with dr. Tatjana pavicic
General advantages of Botox:
- Effective and inexpensive method of wrinkle treatment without surgery and surgical risks.
- The safe and well-studied active substance that is neither toxic nor dangerous
- Botox has no addictive potential
- Short treatment time of only 10 to 20 minutes
- No regeneration phase is necessary
- Repeat treatments are always possible
- Regular treatments prevent future expression lines
Advantages of a Botox treatment in the practice of Dr. Tatjana Pavicic in Munich:
- Dr. Pavicic is an experienced specialist and internationally recognized expert in aesthetic dermatology with a special focus on dermo-cosmetics, botulinum toxin, fillers and lasers.
- She performs treatments with Botox regularly
- Dr. Pavicic is a member and board member of important associations, professional groups and societies related to aesthetic dermatology
- Dr. Pavicic regularly gives lectures on various medical-aesthetic topics, has published numerous papers and has been involved in various clinical studies
- Dr. Pavicic is a consultant and member of advisory boards on topics such as Botox
- Patients recommend Dr. Pavicic on the physician rating portal jameda and have rated her with a grade of 1.1
Your doctor in Munich
Dr. med. Tatjana Pavicic is a specialist in dermatology and venereology. She is an internationally recognized expert in aesthetic dermatology with a special focus on dermocosmetics, fillers and lasers. She is a member of several national and international dermatological and cosmetic societies. Dr. Pavicic is the head of the Dermocosmetics Section of the Society for Dermopharmacy, Secretary General of the International Peeling Society and a board member of the International Society for Dermatosurgery.